Desire to use highly creative skills in the Internet marketplace: Graphics design, presentation
methodologies, web page/site designing, optimizing intranets, newsletter writing, technical writing,
professional creative writing, and songwriting (MIDI and lyrics).
OWNER-PUBLISHER: FreeSource-Locator™ Research Center - offering monthly technology newsletter service to educators, business persons, and technology advocates: <http://www.micro-tutor/techtutor/> (Created in 1999)
VICE-PRESIDENT: Educational technical support corporation - offering monthly technology assistance and training to educators and businesses. (Created in 1997)
COORDINATOR OF TECHNOLOGY:
Project manager for major school system (installed networks, application software, telecommunications, Internet access; taught emerging technologies (5 YRS).
PROJECT ENGINEER: (Fortune 500 Companies)
: Designed and tested telecommunication configurations, wrote customized user's manuals;
and installed computer network interfaces (10 YRS).
SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER: Co-ordinated writing of
the SUDAN National Microwave Communications System Manual (Africa, .5 YRS).
PLANNING TECHNICIAN: Co-authored economic and
impact studies, monthly newsletters, and government annual reports (2 YRS).
Fixed computerized devices (7YRS).
STAFF LIAISON ACTIVITIES
(with Shenandoah County Public Schools in Virginia, 1990-1996):
- Chairperson for Administrative Technology Committee and Educational Technology
Committee which addressed issues of integrating technology into district operations.
- Member of Six-Year School Improvement Plan Council and principal
writer of the Divisionwide Technology Plan.
- Supervisor of Technology Documentation and support persons:
- Technology Status/Assessment Reports.
- Computer Technology Newsletter (and Help Desk Support).
- Supervised three contracted technical support assistants.
- Generated and tracked central purchase orders.
- Administrative/Education Technology Coordinator:
- Provided software and hardware support for eleven sites.
- Field Technician supporting ten educational sites and central office.
- Responsible for 1000 computers.
- State Department's Technology District Coordinator:
- Implemented State Technology Initiatives (-over $300,000).
- Program Manager of Library Media networking initiative.
- Attended various conferences to keep up with advances.
- McGraw-Hill School System Coordinator (designated by State):
- Installed computer networks and student record software.
- Provided individual and group training sessions.
- Resolved technical problems via Columbia support.
- Attended workshops and conferences then updated staff.
- Staff Development Program Specialist:
- Implemented training programs via local courses, correspondence courses,
conferences, and combined school divisions' workshops.
Successes Summary Section:
- Provided Internet access (installed all equipment/software
including first low-cost internet dial up system in Virginia).
- Implemented McGraw-Hill School System (software/hardware).
- Supervised creation of Divisionwide and Site Technology Plans.
- Installed and upgraded 19 networks (and added high-speed modems).
- Maintained remote computer access/support (including after-hours).
- Upgraded high-speed Bulletin Board System for Administration.
- Created computerized forms (for automatic summing and E-mail).
- Established Freeware Program (software for teachers/students).
- Served as Past Vice-Chairman: Shenandoah Valley Technology Consortium..
- Implemented State/local Technology initiatives (Program Manager).
- Published Technology Newsletter (six issues).
- Served as instructor for emerging technology training programs
- Old Dominion University: Completed primary courses
for Professional Communications degree including Organizational Communication, Media Survey, Art. May 5, 1997
- Lord Fairfax Community College:
- Completed courses including CorelDraw® for Multimedia certification. May 5, 1997.
- AAS - Computer Information Systems Major - Highest honors-
May 11, 1990. (GPA 3.9)
- Certification -Computer Data Processing Specialist
- Highest honors- Software applications/programming;
College-approved tutor, May 13, 1989.
- Nassau Community College: AS -
Engineering Major. June 1974. (GPA 3.5)
- Farmingdale University - Advertising Principles
- Boston University - English Composition / Literature
- Island Trees Memorial- Levittown, NY. (Co-Valedictorian)
- Gifted and Talented Advisory Committee Member for Shenandoah County Public Schools
- Created webpage entitled: GUIDE FOR FREE EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY <http://www.user.shentel.net/rbowman/> which allows
to be downloaded for free from the Internet. Also provides "how-to"
guides/tutorials for various levels of students, teachers, and parents (1997).
- Chairperson for Genealogy Roundtable (Handley Library - 1984)
REFERENCES: Provided on request.