Bob Bowman's Free Educational Technologies: Literature Links
TO INDEX TABLE HOME PAGE
*SAFETY NOTE: Up-to-date malware protection (see free versions) is crucial for surfing or downloading. Press RELOAD/REFRESH button to view the latest page corrections.* Please send e-mail if any listed link has become unsafe or broken; student use should be SUPERVISED and/or FILTERED (See How-To).
Send e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Comments Welcome) PARTIAL UPDATE: 05 JAN 2017
http://www.user.shentel.net/rbowman/ THANKS FOR THE VISIT ! (Learn what you want for free!)
- See links to Free Books below - Selections via open source and other categories
- Balabolka - Text-to-Speech (TTS) reader - reads text even in browser (saves sound file)
- How to find & download E-Texts and E-Books to your PC - Step-by-step guide
- Free Online PDF & Doc Converter, Convert to PDF, Image... - Neevia Technology
- Free PDF Converter, HTML to PDF Converter For Free - Quick way to save web pages
- Reading Section - See related resources and tools
- Bob Bowman's Study Skills Section - Offers tremendous advantages - see first!
- Sumatra PDF Portable - PDF, Comic Book, and E-book Reader - See More great free programs at Pendriveapps.com
- Word Spy - Find new words in The Word Lovers Guide to New Words
- QuotePad - Hotkey popup saves screen-selected text & cites its source - *HINT: copying title (in Firefox Menu:Tools:Page Info) will capture URL to bookmark
- VoyCabulary.com - Cut & paste URLs or your text into its box area and every word you click on will be defined by your choice of dictionaries for medical, language...
- Forvo: The Pronunciation Guide - All words pronounced by native speakers
- See Free Education Section - Take college-level courses at your convenience - via PC
- See extensive list of Free Software below - FREE alternatives to commercial versions!
- Critical Reading, Novel Reading, etc - Courtesy of How-To-STUDY.com
- English Literature - Glossary of Literary Terms - Via Literature-Study-Online.com
- Medieval Literature - Wikipedia
- Literature -
- The Cambridge History of English and American Literature - An Encyclopedia in Eighteen Volumes. 1907 - 21
- English Literature Links - Directory of Internet Resources on Literature
- Welcome to the ChildLit Wiki and Book Recommendation Engine
- The Best on the Web for Teachers - Results for Literature search
- PinkMonkey.com - See 450+ Free Book Notes, Online Study Guides , etc.
- Reference: Education: K-12 Language Arts
- Literary Resources - extensive links from Caithness.org
- Literature for Kids and Students
- General English/Literature Resources via St. Paul High School Library
- Bibliomania - Free Online Literature and Study Guides
- Open Source Reading Resources
- General Literature Resources from About.com®
- Resources for Students by LASF (see literature)
- Outta Ray's Head Lessons (Literature, Poetry, Writing [including Business Letters])
- Open Source Literature 1.0
- OpenSource Shakespeare - Complete list of Shakespeare's plays
- Phonics - Wikipedia
- Top Sites for English Learners
- MrDonn.org Language arts - Powerpoint lessons - select topic
- Children's Literature Web Guide - See recommended reading lists and more (some links inactive):
- Consonants - Free Phonics Lessons
* Back to Top *
- Alex Catalogue of Electronic Texts - Free texts with a focus on American and English literature
- Online Electronics Book from WikiBooks has detailed information
- librivox - Search resources for public domain books on podcasts
- Top 100 Audio Books downloads from Project Gutenburg
- Project Gutenberg - Download free electronic books (ebooks)
- Free Audio Books & Video Directory - Selections from Learnoutloud.com
* Back to Top *
- Free Alphabet, Phonics, and Language Software - From Owl & Mouse Educational Software
- Verbose - Free text-to-speech program for Windows (saves to MP3 - listen to your texts)
- SayPad - A freeware talking text editor that can read a good book to you (maybe from Gutenberg): - 8.2MB
- Project Gutenberg - Download free electronic books (ebooks) - adaptable to TTS units!
- Read Aloud - A free Text-to-Speech (TTS)software that reads text aloud from various sources
- Zamzar - Free Online File Converter - Convert URLs or any given file type to another (text-to-MP3 for example)
- Vozme - Free online text-to-MP3 converter - pick male / female voices (several languages)
- FREEWARE SECTION has really outstanding FREE software links
WHERE TO FIND MORE INFORMATION:
- See INDEX for EDUCATION (SERIES), ENGLISH, REFERENCES, TEACHER LINKS, etc.
- Search the Internet using various engines and strategies listed in INDEX
under HOW-TO GUIDES, and WEBTOOLS (for SAFE SEARCHING), etc.
Note to educators:
Most "kidsafe" search engines can still access other search engines which are unfiltered and that restrict users under 18 - unless they are disabled in advance - See details on Webtools Page
Click here to Search Kids.gov - For kids, teens, parents, and teachers
ALA: Great Websites for Kids - and others
(Please click to read!)
Copyright© 1997-2017 Bob Bowman - RESERVATIONS: Permission is hereby granted to post a hyperlink to this website. (Any other distribution of this work must be limited to noncommercial uses - allowed only with proper citations, including web address and credits for this work). The right to revise this notice is reserved.